What are the signs of Identity theft?
You have learnt so far that what is Identity theft and how your identity is theft by criminals and we requested to see two films namely “The Net” and “The Net 2” for knowing the original incident in the world as well as cyber world and now we are going to tell you the signs of Identity theft i.e.:- how your will start suspect that your identity might have been theft. So let give a look on the following points:-
• Accounts you didn't open and debts on your accounts that you can't explain.
• Fraudulent or inaccurate information on your credit reports, including accounts and personal information, like your Social Security number, address, name or initials, and employers.
• Failing to receive bills or other mail. Follow up with creditors if your bills don't arrive on time. A missing bill could mean an identity thief has taken over your account and changed your billing address to cover his tracks.
• Receiving credit cards that you didn't apply for.
• Being denied credit or being offered less favorable credit terms, like a high interest rate, for no apparent reason.
• Getting calls or letters from debt collectors or businesses about merchandise or services you didn't buy.