We have learnt so far what Browser hijacker is and we will learn what they do in our computer. How we will fill that we have been attacked by Browser Hijacker.
- Changes web browser’s default home page to a particular web site without asking for user permission.
- Changes web browser’s default search page to a predetermined web site without user consent.
- Sets own error page instead of web browser’s default one, which is displayed when the entered web site address is not valid.
- Redirects a web browser to a predefined site whenever the user enters invalid address or performs an Internet search.
- Modifies essential web browser settings, decreases default security level and adds undesirable or insecure resources to the trusted sites list.
- Creates numerous links to advertising pages, places desktop shortcuts to marketing sites, adds multiple bookmarks to the web browser’s Favorites list.
-A seemingly endless barrage of ads pops up on your screen.
-New toolbars or Favorites are installed that give you icons and links to Web pages that you don't want.
-Your computer runs sluggishly. Malicious software can slow down your computer.